Monday, November 30, 2009

Romney Endorses Ivey for Governor of Alabama


via Fox WBRC:
Former Massachusetts Governor and 2008 Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has endorsed Alabama State Treasurer Kay Ivey's campaign for governor.

Ivey's campaign announced the news Monday morning in the following statement to FOX6 News:

"I worked closely with Kay when I ran for president," Romney said. "Having been a governor myself, I know she's got the experience and vision to do a good job. Some candidates may talk about being a conservative, but Kay Ivey is the real thing. I've seen her stay true to her conservative principles as State Treasurer, and I know they will guide her as governor of Alabama."

Ivey served as Alabama Chairwoman of Romney's presidential campaign and says she is honored to have his endorsement. "It says a lot when a national figure of Governor Romney's stature supports my effort to provide Alabamians conservative leadership with effective results. Governor Romney and I share a passion for making government work better for the people it serves.

"Mitt Romney took office at a time of economic crisis and he turned things around for his state," Ivey said. "I will do the same in Alabama. Mitt Romney was a leader in improving education as governor, and I will be, too. As a candidate for president, Mitt Romney stood up the values of faith and family and defended our cherished way of life. I will do the same here in Alabama as well."

>> Learn more about Kay and her campaign for Governor at her website

No comments: