Sunday, January 20, 2008

Romney has a Heavenly Interruption




Mitt begins his run through Florida. Click here to view the video.

Governor Romney addressed reporters after his win in Nevada when he landed in Florida yesterday. He was asked what he thought about religion playing a role in the race....

During the answer, the presidential hopeful had a heavenly interruption. At first he tried to deflect the question:

“I don’t know that I have any particular reflections. I’ll let other people take care of those things.”

Romney was then interrupted by a loud bang of thunder, he chuckled and continued, “Wow. See, see. Maybe he wants to say something. I think it was pointed out to me that I won in Nevada among evangelicals as well, according to the exit polls,” Romney continued, “If no members of my faith had turned out at all, I still would have won in Nevada. So I’m happy to have their support. I wouldn’t want them to be disappointed that I didn’t appreciate their support.

But, I won among Hispanic Americans, which is a very big statement for my campaign, very pleased that I got that kind of support.




And I expect that this campaign will cross ethnic and religious and gender lines and will generate the support that I need to win the nomination.”

Romney's the full-spectrum guy who's appeal cross all lines.


Update: Here's the video:

No comments: