Friday, December 7, 2007

Thompson vs. Huckabee on Iran (Fred starts swinging)


From CBS News' John Bentley.
At a news conference that just wrapped up, Fred Thompson was asked what he thought of Mike Huckabee drawing a blank when asked about recent reports about the National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iran.
I posted on this story before here. Here's a summary of what occurred:

When asked by Don Imus this morning about his lack of foreign policy credentials, Mike Huckabee joked: “And the ultimate thing is, you know, I may not be the expert as some people on foreign policy – but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.” (WABC Radio, 12/04/07)

Back to what Fred thought of Huckabee's attempt at a joke:
"Not only is Iran the major long-term threat to our country, the nuclear program is the most important part of the Iran consideration. For a presidential candidate not to know that and not to keep up with that is very suprising," said Thompson.

"These are the kinds of things I've been talking about all of my life. Now, if the American people have other priorities, if they want someone who smiles a lot more than I do, or someone who is a better quipster than I am, who has no experience in
these areas, that's for the American people to decide."

I won't vote for Fred Thompson, but I give him a thumbs up for this swipe at Huck.

Mike Huckabee has gained where Fred has lost. Now, Fred's mad and needs to hit back.

No comments: